Tuesday, February 2, 2010


In the first progress shot you can see that I started working on the hair. On his face I've applied more color, strengthening the highlights and deepening the shadows a bit. I feel like I will have to add much more color to his face in general, covering up the paper completely. But I don't want to go too far along on his face until I have a better idea of how the background and surrounding colors play off his skintone.

In this picture I have done much more work on his hair and have started filling in the background area around his head. I also added some more layers of color in his face. I did some detail work on his ear because I wanted to define the edges here and give myself a clear boundary to set it apart from the background. It's been much slower going delineating the background behind his hair. No clear cut boundaries here. I've had to switch back and forth between background and hair constantly trying to distinguish one from the other, at least on the lighter background area to the left of his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment